FAQ s Related to Visa

Q.1 How long does my passport have to be valid in order to apply for a U. S. visa?

Answer- If you are applying for a non-immigrant visa, your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended duration of stay in the US.

Q.2 Do I qualify for the Visa Waiver Program?

Answer- Yes, you may qualify for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you are a citizen or national of a VWP designated country and meet all the requirements explained below.

To be eligible for the VWP, you must meet all of the following requirements:

Please note that under the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015, travellers in certain categories must obtain a visa prior to travelling to the United States as they are no longer eligible to travel under the VWP .

If you prefer to have a visa in your passport, you may still apply for a visitor (B) visa .

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions,do ask me . Call/WhatsApp : +91 9580075067 (ANURAG TIWARI, CONSULTANT AT MYTRAVELBUDDY.IN)

Q.3 What is the fee for ESTA and who has to pay it?

Answer- If you are planning to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, you will need to register with the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). The registration fee for ESTA is US$14 and can be paid online using a debit card or any of the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. If you do not have the correct type of credit card, third parties such as travel agents or family members can pay the fee on your behalf

In case your ESTA registration is denied, the fee is only US$4 .

Q.4 If I travel to the United States without ESTA, what happens?

Answer- If you are planning to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, it is mandatory to register with the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) . If you fail to obtain approval through ESTA, you will be denied boarding on any air carrier bound for the United States . In case you are allowed to board, you may face significant delays and possible denial of admission at the U.S. port of entry (i.e., arrival airport) . The ESTA registration process is quick and easy, usually taking only a few minutes to complete. Upon successful registration, authorisation often arrives in seconds, and it is valid for two years . However, if your passport expires within that two-year period, the ESTA validity is limited to the passport’s validity .

Q.5 If I am a foreign national living in Norway, can I apply for a non-immigrant visa in Norway?

Answer- If you are planning to apply for a visa, it is generally recommended that you do so in your country of nationality or residence . However, if you are legally present in Norway, you may apply for a visa in Norway. It is important to note that applicants should not base their decision solely on convenience or delay in getting an appointment in their home district. Other factors such as the consular district where the applicant can demonstrate the strongest ties should also be considered .

Please note that there is no guarantee that a visa will be issued, and there is no guarantee of processing time . In case your application is refused, the application fee is non-refundable .

Q.6 Is it mandatory for non-immigrant visa applicants to attend an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate?

 Answer- While most non-immigrant visa applicants are required to attend an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate , there are a few exceptions to this requirement. The following applicants generally do not have to appear in person:

Q7. If you have a non-immigrant visa that is about to expire and you want to renew it, you will need to go through a process similar to the one for obtaining a new visa.

Answer- If you provided a complete set of your fingerprints during your last visa application and are now applying to renew the same category of visa, you may be eligible for the Visa Reissuance Program.